Dead Horse Bay is a small saltmarsh on the southern side of Brooklyn. In the 19th century, the marsh was a site with animal processing plants to where carcasses of dead horses and other animals were brought to be processed into glue and fertilizer. The remains were dumped into the water. This explains how the Dead Horse Bay got its name.
Horses were replaced by automobiles, and until 1930's, the marsh of Dead Horse Bay was used as a New York city's landfill. Since around 1950's the garbage dump started to erode and all the treasures are now spilling out for everyone to see. More #deadhorsebay photos.
Taken With: Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930U
Date Taken: 10/16/2016